Thursday 13 October 2016

227 Ugandans contract HIV daily, 83,000 annually - Amakobe Sande

HIV/AIDS infect 227 Ugandans daily

The UNAIDS Country Director for Uganda, Ms Amakobe Sande made this revealation at the Uganda's Ministry of Foreign Affairs yesterday as she presented her credentials.

According to her, “We need to pay attention to young people, especially girls and women. Uganda still produces 83,000 new HIV/Aids infections annually, meaning 227 new infections daily and I consider this a crisis."

She added, “I am coming in to take over from Mr Musa Bungundu. I intend to build on that positive legacy and I will be working on elimination of mother-to-child transmission of HIV/Aids in Uganda and I am calling upon all stakeholders not to relax."

“Treatment is also prevention and the first line of response is putting patients on treatment," she said.

Follow SasuGhana




Subscribe to SasuGhana

No comments:

Post a Comment



Designed by Sasu