Friday 24 March 2017

University at age 42, Otiko Afisa Djaba reveals what caused her delay

University at age 42, Otiko Afisa Djaba reveals what caused her delay. Gender, Children and Social Protection minister...
Ghana's Gender, Children and Social Protection minister, Otiko Afisa Djaba in an interview on Accra-based Starr FM this morning with host Francis Abban has revealed that she "...end up going to the university at 42" and the reason for her tertiary educational delay is something every fertile woman at some point life would have to go through.

Hon. Otiko Afisa Djaba revealed as she stated the cause of the delay to be "Pregnancy curtails your productivity. I had to take 10 years out of my life deliberately to care of my children. And so it makes you defer your education. That is why I will end up going to the university at 42 and somebody will be asking me about national service. It was a deliberate program that I decided for myself. But for a girl who gets pregnant whether deliberately or accidentally before she is 18 that is unacceptable. It is an injustice to yourself if it is deliberate...."

No comments:

Post a Comment



Designed by Sasu