Thursday 9 July 2015

Meet Peter Seshi, the Ghanaian Masters Degree Holder who Drives A Taxi to feed

Peter Seshi, the Ghanaian Masters Degree Holder who drives a taxi to provide food on the table
Peter Seshi, Masters Degree Holder
Peter Seshi is a 41-year-old Ghanaian and father of two.

He holds Masters Degree from Coventry University in Oil and Gas Management, and he now drives a taxi around town to make ends meet.

Below is the story of Peter Seshi, as he narrated on Citi FM's Traffic Avenue program to Jessica Opare Saforo, host.

“I came back on the 7th of December 2012 which was the day of the election.

“When I came back, I had to look for a job. I went to all the Oil Companies, wrote applications here and there, you go and they tell you no vacancy; those who are a bit polite, they will acknowledge receipt but then you won’t hear anything from them. You will do a follow up and still no vacancy.

“I was unemployed and in the house but I had this car at home so I decided that while sitting around and doing nothing, why don’t I get myself doing something to at least make some ends meet. I decided to convert the car into a commercial vehicle. I went through all the processes, I sent the car to the mechanics, they sprayed it and I hit the road and started my work as a taxi driver.

“A lot of my passengers are surprised when they get to know who I am. But I check out the personalities and demeanor of my passengers before starting a conversation with them because not all of them are friendly.

“When I get the opportunity, I would want to do my PhD. Two degrees are not enough so at least a PhD. It will be my last stop.

“You will get so many options; you can go back to the classroom and teach; you can do consultancy services and all sorts of things.”

2 comments:

  1. Wow! thats interesting.where can i find his story to read??


    www.thatghlife.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are welcome Chrissy. I am still searching for the whole story. Maybe I will get it soon and publish it. But I see your sparm ooo lol.

      Delete



Designed by Sasu